Valley View Equestrian offers two yearly summer camps, Equestrian Team Camp for Equestrian Team members, and Beginning Horsemanship Camp for beginner students or non-students.
Beginner Pony Camp
Beginner Pony Camp is an introduction to horses and riding for new equestrians. If you have a horse crazy kid that wants to spend 3 days learning about horses and riding, this will be the highlight of their summer!
Beginner Pony Camp includes:
- Daily mounted lessons
- Daily horse management lessons covering topics such as veterinary care, tack, feed, colors and markings, etc.
- Trail riding
- Pony bathing and grooming
- Groundwork (natural horsemanship) clinic
- Mounted games
- Feeding horses and cleaning stalls
- Horse crafts and movies
- Swimming with horses in Utah Lake
Children ages 5-15 accepted
No previous experience necessary
Date: June 12-14
Camp will run from 8 am to 7 pm each day
We provide horses and equipment
Cost is $300 per camper
Equestrian Team Camp
Team camp will take your rider to the next level. Campers will not only experience an intense learning boost, but will fulfill many requirements for their levels certification. This is a camp for current Valley View Equestrian Team members only.
Equestrian Team Camp includes:
- Multiple daily in-depth riding lessons
- Multiple daily extensive horse management lessons
- Half-day clinics with professional horsemen and horsewomen
- Equestrian vaulting with the Gymnastics on Horseback Association
- Swimming with horses, mounted games, hacking and trail riding, cross-country schooling
- Horse movies, crafts, campfire night, and “horseless” horse show
- End of camp showcase and awards